Building Community with United Way CMO Lisa Bowman
How the #1 Charity in the U.S. Serves Over 60 Million Annually
On today's episode, I have the pleasure of chatting with Lisa Bowman, the Chief Marketing Officer of United Way. United Way is #1 on Forbes' Top 100 U.S. Charities list, and serves over 60 million annually.
Specific topics to be covered in this episode:
- What it means to be a "communitarian"
- The similarities between heading up marketing efforts in the for-profit and non-profit sectors
- Lisa's favorite story of service from the over 60 million stories told annually
- The importance of collecting and amplifying authentic stories of service to further United Way's brand and message, and how it assists the development effort by growing the volunteer and donor network
- The importance of partnering with corporations and leveraging "donated media" to spread the word
- Some of the newest ways in which we can offer to help United Way's mission in 2019 and beyond
We hope you enjoy today's episode! Be sure to stay subscribed for more content and thought leadership like this, and do please leave a rating and review on iTunes if you like what you hear.
Learn more about Vivoom here. Vivoom is a consumer activation platform empowering brands to turn their prospects and customers into a network of authentic influencers.
Music: "Streetview" by Jahzzar is licensed under a Attribution-ShareAlike License (CC BY-SA 4.0)